How can you get the media’s attention?
What do Australia and NZ’s top travel media want in news items and story pitches? What format, tone and style do they prefer? How do they want images? What about follow-up? And how has COVID changed the media landscape?
Learn all this and more in a half-day writing workshop for PRs, marketers, agents and operators that includes feedback from 30 of Australia and NZ’s leading travel editors, freelancers and digital content creators.
Taught by award-winning travel writer Rob McFarland (that’s me!), the workshop also includes a valuable toolkit of planning, writing and editing techniques plus a detailed post-course review of a press release or story pitch.
- Feedback and advice from Australia and NZ’s top travel editors, freelancers and content creators (including Traveller, Escape, The Australian, GQ and Vogue)
- A proven toolkit of planning, writing and editing techniques that can be applied to any document
- The 10 rules for writing an effective press release
- The 5 rules for creating a compelling story pitch
- How to pitch to newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, freelancers and new media
- How has COVID changed the media landscape?
- The opportunity to submit a release or pitch for detailed feedback after the course.
When: Fri 18 Nov 2022 – 10am to 2pm (AEST)
Where: Online via Zoom
How many: Strictly limited to 12 people
Email email@example.com to reserve your spot
Need training for several staff?
Let me create a session tailored to your specific requirements.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Aspiring travel writer?
Email me at email@example.com – I’d love to hear from you!