How can you get the media’s attention?
What do Australia and NZ’s top travel and lifestyle editors want in news items and story pitches? What format, tone and style do they prefer? How do they want images? What about follow-up?
Learn all this and more in a half-day writing workshop for PRs, marketers, agents and operators that includes feedback from 30 of Australia and NZ’s leading travel and lifestyle editors.
Taught by award-winning travel writer Rob McFarland (that’s me!), the workshop also includes a toolkit of planning, writing and editing techniques plus a detailed post-course review of a press release or story pitch.
- Feedback and advice from 30 of Australia and NZ’s top travel and lifestyle editors (including Traveller, Escape, The Australian, GQ and Vogue)
- A proven toolkit of planning, structural and editing techniques that can be applied to any document
- The 10 rules for writing an effective press release
- The 5 rules for creating a compelling story pitch
- The opportunity to submit a press release or story pitch for detailed feedback after the course.
When: More dates to be announced soon – register your interest below!
Where: Online via Zoom
How many: Strictly limited to 12 people
Register your interest today by emailing email@example.com
Need training for several staff?
Let me create a session tailored to your specific requirements.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Aspiring travel writer?
Email me at email@example.com – I’d love to hear from you!