Love writing? Love travelling? Turn your passion into a career
What are you passionate about? Is it exploring ancient cultures? Seeing animals in the wild? Dining at the world’s best restaurants?
I’ve helped hundreds of people write about their passions in my travel writing workshops. If you’d prefer to learn at your own pace from home, you can also take the travel writing course by correspondence. Not only does it contain extra material, but you’ll have the flexibility of studying when it suits you with no deadlines or time limits.
Updated for 2021, the new course contains even more insights, examples and insider tips based on feedback from hundreds of students.
This is the course I wish had existed when I started.
- Module 1 – Planning and writing – this module concentrates on writing: what is good travel writing, the writing process, how to grab the reader’s attention, how to structure your story, how to edit and a comprehensive writing toolkit specifically geared to travel.
- Q & A – an opportunity to ask any questions about Module 1 via email, phone or online.
- Writing exercise – a chance to put your newfound skills into practice by writing a travel story. You’ll receive an edited version of your story with detailed feedback on the things that worked plus suggestions for improvement.
- Module 2 – Pitching, working and photography – this module covers the possible outlets for your story, how to pitch to editors, how to operate as a freelancer, how to market yourself and expert tips on travel photography.
- Q & A – a chance to ask any questions about Module 2.
- Post-course writing exercise – another opportunity to have a story reviewed. No time limit – whenever you’re ready.
- Post-course support – join an active network of course alumni who receive ongoing support via Facebook.
Interested in a FREE copy of my Top 10 Travel Writing Tips?
SUCCESS STORY – SHAUN BUSUTTIL
“I signed up to Rob’s course because I was a fan of his writing and wanted to learn from someone that was regularly getting published in major publications. Getting well-considered and instructive feedback was (and excuse the cliché here) absolutely priceless – I became a better writer because of it. I love writing at the intersection of adventure and culture and have been published in National Geographic Traveller, Lonely Planet, Get Lost and Outdoor.” shaunbusuttil.com
Students have been published in every major newspaper and travel magazine in Australia plus many overseas.
Do I need writing experience?
Not at all. All you need is a passion for travel and a desire to communicate that with others.
Whether your dream is to become a full-time travel writer, a part-time blogger or just record your travels for your own enjoyment, this course is for you.
SUCCESS STORY – JULIE JONES
“After starting my blog about accessible tourism (my son Braeden has cerebral palsy), I realised I needed to improve my writing. Rob’s course was everything he promised and more. To this day his words still echo in my head. I also credit him with building my skills and confidence to approach magazines and tourism organisations. I’ve since been published in many outlets and co-founded Travel Without Limits magazine. As a busy mother to two kids, I needed an easy way to up-skill and this course provided it.” havewheelchairwilltravel.net
Why choose this course?
You’ll learn all the tricks, tips and industry secrets it’s taken me 15 years to figure out.
You’ll get detailed feedback on your writing from an award-winning professional travel writer (that’s me!)
No start dates, end dates or deadlines. Work at your own pace from anywhere in the world.
I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed, including sharing contacts, sources and writing opportunities.
Delivery: Modules are emailed as PDF workbooks.
Duration: At your own pace – no deadline for completion.
To sign up, email email@example.com today!
Want feedback on a story you’ve already written?
How about a detailed review including constructive suggestions and an edited version?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d love to hear from you!